Counter-Terrorism White Paper: Securing Australia – Protecting our Community
- About this Publication
- PDF Version
- HTML Version
- Publication Disclaimer
- Viewing and downloading this publication
The Counter-Terrorism White Paper, Securing Australia – Protecting our Community, sets out Australia’s counter-terrorism objectives and the means by which the Government will pursue them. It explains the nature of the terrorist threat to Australia within Australia’s broader national security context; sets out the Australian Government’s strategy for countering terrorism; and details the policy settings by which the Government will implement its counter-terrorism strategy. The White Paper reflects a number of improvements to Australia’s approach to counter-terrorism and brings together for the first time, in a comprehensive manner, Australia’s response to terrorism both domestically and internationally.
- Prime Minister’s Foreword
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - The Threat
- Chapter 3 - Australia’s Counter-Terrorism Strategy
- Chapter 4 - Analysis - An intelligence-led response to terrorism driven by a properly connected and properly informed national security community
- Chapter 5 - Protection - Taking all necessary and practical action to protect Australia and Australians from terrorism at home and abroad
- Chapter 6 - Response - Providing an immediate and targeted response to specific terrorist threats and terrorist attacks should they occur
- Chapter 7 - Resilience - Building a strong and resilient Australian community to resist the development of any form of violent extremism and terrorism on the home front
- Chapter 8 - Conclusion and Glossary
The HTML version of this publication has been reproduced from the print version. The print version and the PDF copy of Securing Australia – Protecting our Community remain the authoritative versions of the document.
The White Paper has been made available on this site in HTML and Portable Document Format (PDF) for downloading and printing. If you need further assistance with alternative formats, please telephone (02) 6271 5111 or email CTWhitePaper@pmc.gov.au.
Please see our Help Page for assistance with PDF accessibility issues, downloading and viewing files.
To download and save the document to your hard drive for offline viewing, right click on the document and choose "Save Target" or "Save link as" from the pop-up menu depending upon your browser. For Mac OS, click and hold the link to the PDF file and choose "Download Link to Disk" from the pop-up menu. Specify a name and location for the PDF file and then click Save.