Family Impact Statements
The Office of Work and Family (OWF) within the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet provides advice and assistance to departments and agencies completing Family Impact Statements (FISs) as part of the policy development and Cabinet submission process.
Departments and agencies developing policy and completing Cabinet submissions should refer to the following FIS guidelines, to assist in the identification and assessment of family impacts, and to develop FISs.
The following information sheets should be used in conjunction with the FIS guidelines.
- Economic Impacts - RTF 473KB | PDF 256KB
- Childrens Health, Development and wellbeing - RTF 459KB | PDF 259KB
- Work and Family Balance - RTF 515KB | PDF 162KB
- Family Functioning and Relationships - RTF 440KB | PDF 160KB
- Family Types and Characteristics - RTF 525KB | PDF 253KB
The following lists of resources may be of assistance to departments and agencies conducting more detailed analysis.
Agencies can contact OWF for further advice on FIS matters on (02) 6271 5633.Top