Chapter 2: Departmental Overview
A: The Department
A. The Department.
PM&C's objective is to:
- provide effective support to the Prime Minister and the Cabinet to promote good governance in Australia
- be a leading public policy agency in Australia
- demonstrate excellence in leadership in the Australian Public Service, and
- be a recognised leader in policy development globally.
Our outcomes are the coordination of government activities; policy development; advice and program delivery to support and inform the Prime Minister, the Cabinet, Cabinet Secretary and Parliamentary Secretaries.
The outcomes were delivered through the following five organisational groups:
- Domestic Policy
- National Security and International Policy
- Strategic Policy and Implementation
- Office of the Coordinator-General.
Our strategic priorities for 2009-10 were to:
- support the Government's program of reform through strategic policy advice and coordination and implementation of government policy
- support the Prime Minister, Cabinet, Cabinet Secretary and Parliamentary Secretaries in managing government business
- support the organisation and its people.