Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C)
PM&C has unique responsibilities and a privileged role. Our principal function is to provide high‑quality policy advice to the Prime Minister and the Cabinet on matters that are at the forefront of public and government administration, including domestic and international affairs and, in particular, the implications of proposals for Commonwealth-State relations.
The Department briefs the Prime Minister, the Cabinet Secretary, and the Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister, and consults extensively across the Australian Public Service (APS) to ensure that the advice provided draws on the most appropriate sources.
The Minister for Indigenous Affairs, the Hon Nigel Scullion MP has announced an increase in the Government’s investment under the 2014 Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS) grants round to more than $1 billion to deliver improved outcomes for Indigenous Australians.
This list was updated...
On the first anniversary of the downing of Flight MH17, the Australian Government will hold a National Memorial Service. The service will take place in the Great Hall, Parliament House, Canberra, at 11.00 am on Friday 17 July 2015.
- 10 Aug to 13 Aug : Senate and House of Representatives
- 17 Aug to 20 Aug : Senate and House of Representatives
- 07 Sep to 10 Sep : Senate and House of Representatives
- 14 Sep to 17 Sep : Senate and House of Representatives
- 12 Oct to 15 Oct : Senate and House of Representatives
- 19 Oct to 22 Oct : House of Representatives only
- 09 Nov to 12 Nov : Senate and House of Representatives
- 23 Nov to 26 Nov : Senate and House of Representatives