Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C)
PM&C has unique responsibilities and a privileged role. Our principal function is to provide high‑quality policy advice to the Prime Minister and the Cabinet on matters that are at the forefront of public and government administration, including domestic and international affairs and, in particular, the implications of proposals for Commonwealth-State relations.
The Department briefs the Prime Minister, the Cabinet Secretary, and the Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister, and consults extensively across the Australian Public Service (APS) to ensure that the advice provided draws on the most appropriate sources.
- 16 Mar to 19 Mar : Senate and House of Representatives
- 23 Mar to 26 Mar : Senate and House of Representatives
- 03 Apr : Good Friday
- 06 Apr : Easter Monday
- 12 May to 14 May : Senate and House of Representatives
- 25 May to 28 May : House of Representatives only
- 01 Jun to 04 Jun : House of Representatives only
- 08 Jun : Queen's Birthday