Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C)
PM&C has unique responsibilities and a privileged role. Our principal function is to provide high‑quality policy advice to the Prime Minister and the Cabinet on matters that are at the forefront of public and government administration, including domestic and international affairs and, in particular, the implications of proposals for Commonwealth-State relations.
The Department briefs the Prime Minister, the Cabinet Secretary, and the Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister, and consults extensively across the Australian Public Service (APS) to ensure that the advice provided draws on the most appropriate sources.
Legislation Proposed for Introduction in the 2015 Winter Sittings
The Minister for Indigenous Affairs, the Hon Nigel Scullion MP has announced an increase in the Government’s investment under the 2014 Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS) grants round to more than $1 billion to deliver improved outcomes for Indigenous Australians.
This list was updated...
- 01 Jun to 04 Jun : House of Representatives only
- 08 Jun : Queen's Birthday
- 15 Jun to 18 Jun : Senate and House of Representatives
- 22 Jun to 25 Jun : Senate and House of Representatives
- 10 Aug to 13 Aug : Senate and House of Representatives
- 17 Aug to 20 Aug : Senate and House of Representatives
- 07 Sep to 10 Sep : Senate and House of Representatives
- 14 Sep to 17 Sep : Senate and House of Representatives