- State Memorial Service for The Honourable Edward Gough Whitlam AC QC
A State Memorial Service will be held to honour the life and achievements of the Honourable Edward Gough Whitlam AC QC.
The Service will be held on Wednesday 5 November at 11.00am at the Sydney Town Hall to commemorate Mr Whitlam and his lifetime of service to our country: in the Royal Australian Air Force, as a parliamentarian, as Prime Minister and as an ambassador.
We have experienced overwhelming demand for registrations to attend the State Memorial Service for the Honourable Edward Gough Whitlam AC QC, and capacity inside the venue has now been reached.
Those people who have registered and been allocated a seat will receive an email notification.
Anyone who has not received an email notification will be directed to a viewing area between the Town Hall and St Andrew’s Cathedral, which is standing room only. There will be a large screen showing the service in this area. The area is expected to be filled to capacity and you may wish to consider other options for watching the service. The Memorial Service will be broadcast on ABC TV.
A condolence book is available to sign at Parliament House, Canberra, during business hours until 5 November 2014.
There is also a condolence book at the Sydney Town Hall.
Media arrangements for the Service are being finalised.
- Portfolio Budget Statements 2014-15
- Report of the Interdepartmental Committee on InterCountry Adoption - 05 May 2014
- Review of the Indigenous Land Corporation and Indigenous Business Australia - 03 May 2014
- School Enrolment and Attendance Measure (SEAM) - 09 April 2014
- Prime Minister’s Indigenous Advisory Council